I have been a makeup
addict collector for about 5 years now *whew time does fly fast!* and here's a collection of my lip liners/pencils. These are from various brands including Barry M, MAC, Sleek MakeUP, Maybelline, Rimmel, NYX and 17 cosmetics. I initially swatched this for my own purposes, and then I realised someone else might find them useful too. I hope the swatches will be useful somehow!
MAC Mouth Off, Barry M 24, Barry M 12, MAC Magenta, 17 Valentine
Sleek MakeUP Mossberry, NYX Currant, NYX Mahogany, MAC Mahogany, MAC Life's a Breeze, MAC In Synch, MAC Pink Treat
MAC Test Pattern, MAC Stripdown, MAC Oak, MAC Subculture, Rimmel Tiramisu, MAC Naked Liner,MAC Redd, MAC Cherry, MAC Brick, Maybelline Red Glamour
Here are some notes on a few of them:
* MAC Magenta is a hot pink with a purple frost. A duochrome lip pencil.
* Sleek MakeUP Mossberry is actually an eye liner, but also works as a lip liner, albeit a rather rough one. It serves as a good lip liner for the matching lipstick from the collection.
* Sleek MakeUP Mossberry looks similar to NYX Currant.
* MAC Life's a Breeze is a light pink with a slight frost.
* MAC Naked Liner - I sometimes use this on my lower waterline as a nude pencil to brighten my eyes and make them look more wide and awake.
* MAC Pink Treat is my only mechanical pencil - ie. twist up nonsharpen pencil.
* Most of my nude lip pencils look really similar. I think I should give some of them away.
* Rimmel Tiramisu and Maybelline Red Glamour are soo soft and easy to apply on the lips.
I quite like lip pencils as they are useful to provide a defined lip line *essential for reds and darker lipsticks*. If the colour pay off is good, they are also good to fill the lips instead of using a lipstick. I have done this a lot in the past, so easy to use on the go. Line and fill for a *usually* matte finish, or top with a lip gloss for a shiny finish.